The City of Lakeland is the westernmost city in Polk County and the largest city on Interstate 4 between Orlando and Tampa. Lakeland has an estimated population of over 112,000 people and growing due to increased community and economic redevelopment. which has required many residential and commercial building permits to be submitted into The City of Lakeland.
Leaders are focusing their efforts on manufacturing, technology, and innovation encouraging businesses in diverse industries to make Lakeland “home”. According to a Florida Trend report, “The Central Florida Development Council is planning an innovation district near Florida Polytechnic University to attract tech companies with business, residential, and research opportunities.” In fact, the city offered tax incentives in hopes to see the creation of high-paying jobs in an effort to attract more young professionals to the area.
In addition to job creation, leaders are investing in the revitalization of the downtown area with “third spaces” – areas where people can dine, walk, and shop.
Mong this expansion and projects like:
- The Joinery – a food hall offering a variety of restaurants and retail options.
- Summit Consulting is an eight-story, 135,000 sq. ft. office building bringing upwards of 500 new employees to the downtown area.
- Bonnet Springs Park with 180 acres of land and nearly two miles of boardwalks.
- Mirrorton is a $50+ million, 305-unit apartment and townhome community in Downtown Lakeland
- Catapult is a new 40,000 sq. ft. entrepreneurial workspace
These are only some of the major projects designed to help Lakeland flourish, that Suncoast Permits knows about from a commercial building permit standpoint.
The growth means great potential for the construction industry. It also means that local engineers, builders, and contractors doing commercial or residential work can rely on the expertise of Suncoast Permits to streamline their permitting process.